Thursday, November 10, 2011

weekend update 11/10/11

D follicles,

This Saturday night starting at 6:30pm is the D Note 3rd Annual Beard & Mustache Showdown and Beertasting w/ Oakhurst, Acoustic Mining Bluegrass & Wonderlic. $10 general/$20 w/ beertasting. Proceeds benefitting Sun Valley Youth Center. If you have good facial hair or know someone that does have them sign up for the contest at 6:30p. Registration 6:30pm, 7:30pm Beer tasting w/ Wonderlic, 8p Showdown, 8:30p Judging w/ Acoustic Mining, 9:30p winners announced, 10pm Oakhurst. We are stoked that Oakhurst came back to play this year. They are the perfect band for dancing beards. Acoustic Mining and Wonderlic both good for wiggling your whiskers too. Andy worked hard and has 12 breweries on hand for the beer tasting. Beers, beards and great music. Hard combination to ignore. Check out Matt Dougherty's sweet poster here.

Saturday during the day starting at 1pm we have Movemberfest, a jam band jamboree. Free.

Friday night we are closed for a wedding. 11/11/11 nuptials are the thing this year...

Thursday night (tonight as we write this) we have Geeks Who Drink trivia followed by a band called The New Olds at 9pm. Rock and roll, old-new style. $2 cover.

Next Tues we have a killer line up for our Acoustic Showcase w/ Jay Ryan, Melissa Ivey, Lara Ruggles, and Colan Simpson. Free.

Yours,

D bear

Extra credit: Oakhurst does one of our songs. We'll present the song here as the so-called "poem" of the week. Whether it is a poem or not is up for debate, but we'll include it here regardless so you can sing along Saturday night.

Twango

When I was just a young man I thought I knew my way
But now that I'm a little bit older I'm just getting in the way

When I was a young man I thought I knew what to do
But now that I'm a little bit older I just wanna play a song for you

I was standing in the light
Now I'm dancing in the shadow of the night

Come on baby, go baby go, come on baby do the twango,
come on baby do do do the twango, it goes

1,2,3...5,6,7, spin your baby up to heaven
Come on now and do the twango, it goes like this...

Hold her arm out nice and straight
Twirl her home and through the gate
and that's the way you do the twango

When I was just a young man I thought I knew what was right
But now that I'm a little bit older I know I might be wrong*

Now that I'm a little bit older I just wanna stay out of a fight
Now that I'm a little bit older I just wanna play this song

I was standing in the light
Now I'm dancing in the shadow of the night

Come on baby, go baby go, come on baby do the twango
come on baby do do do the twango, it goes

1,2,3...5,6,7, spin your baby up to heaven
Come on now and do the twango, it goes like this...

Spin her round, dosey do, then drop her down real low
and that's the way you do the twango

I was standing in the light
Now I'm dancing in the shadow of the night

(Repeat final refrain. Sing along.)



*line stolen from Moses Walker of the Clamdaddys

No comments: