Thursday, June 28, 2012

D Note love letter 6/28/12

D #,

We're sitting here writing this with a laptop on our collective legs. What do you call this application of a lap top? Lap Top App? At any rate our collective legs are warmer.

Weekend tableaux,


29
[5:00p]
Bill McKay (free)

[7:00p]
Defy You Stars, Surviving April (emo) $5

[8:30p]
Irie Still (African Reggae) $5 DANCE!!!!!

[10:00p]
Useless Objects (psychedelic bluegrass) $5 CAN'T WAIT
30

[10:30a]
Zumba $8

[5:00p]
The Guests & Tommy Freed and the Trio, The Ghoulies $8

[8:00p]
8th ElemEnt. presents: Kemistry Album Release Party. $5 (includes CD) 8TH ELEMENT SKILLS IT


In other news we just booked Julian Velard for August 10. Heard of him? We hadn't, but we've been listening to his back catalogue and collectively crushing out like a precocious 12 year old girl. Check out julianvelard.com

We sincerely hope you are taking advantage of the super good deal on dance lessons Sunday (salsa includes 12 piece band) and Wednesday (swing includes the superior Farm Jazz.)

Also, our new happy hour rocks, check it out.

Keep sharp y'all,

D b


Extra Credit: Alicia Fall sent us this beautiful Rainer Maria Rilke poem, from the Book Of Hours:



I am too alone in the world, and yet not alone enough
to make every hour holy.
I am too small in the world, and yet not tiny enough
just to stand before you like a thing,
dark and shrewd.
I want my will, and I want to be with my will
as it moves towards deed;
and in those quiet, somehow hesitating times,
when something is approaching,
I want to be with those who are wise
or else alone.
I want always to be a mirror that reflects your whole being,
and never to be too blind or too old
to hold your heavy, swaying image.
I want to unfold.
Nowhere do I want to remain folded,
because where I am bent and folded, there I am lie.
And I want my meaning
true for you. I want to describe myself
like a painting that I studied
closely for a long, long time,
like a word I finally understood,
like the pitcher of water I use every day ,
like the face of my mother,
like a ship
that carried me
through the deadliest storm of all.

No comments: