Thursday, August 25, 2011

D Note love letter 8/25/11

Sunny D,

How are you holding up on your end. Weather is hot here, but we are soaking it in. We often like to duck into the D Note to keep cool.

This Friday we have Alex Boyd at 5pm playing his beautiful brand of American folk. Free. Then we have Canyon Creek Band at 7pm. These guys are Country blues rock. $5. And we end the evening with Salsa and Bachata, with a lesson at 9:30p and DJ Juanito spinning afterwards.

Saturday we have jazz with Alejandro Castano at 2pm. Free.

At 5:30pm Saturday we have a bellydance student show. Free.

At 8pm we have a comedy show titled "Hot chicks with Brains". Comedy by Kristina Hall and Jennifer Coken exploring all things edgy salty and absurd. R rated. $15 door/$12 advance. This will be a riot. Figuratively.

After the comedy, at 10:30p, we have the return of one of our favorite Colorado/international bands, MonoVerde. It is an infectious form of Latin Reggae and super fun to dance to. $7. Come get loose and dance your troubles away.

Next Tuesday at 7pm we have a benefit show for Jon Friedlander w/ Clam Daddys, Quillion, Hour Glass Rock Band, Mint Novacaine. Come support and hear some great music at the same time. $10 suggested donation.

Yours

Moony D

Extra credit: Yesterday was Jorge Luis Borges 112th birthday. So here is a poem by the great Argentinian writer.

INSTANTES

If I were able to live my life anew,
In the next I would try to commit more errors.
I would not try to be so perfect, I would relax more.
I would be more foolish than I've been,
In fact, I would take few things seriously.
I would be less hygienic.
I would run more risks,
take more vacations,
contemplate more sunsets,
climb more mountains, swim more rivers.
I would go to more places where I've never been,
I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans,
I would have more real problems and less imaginary ones.

I was one of those people that lived sensibly
and prolifically each minute of his life;
Of course I had moments of happiness.
If I could go back I would try
to have only good moments.

Because if you didn't know, of that is life made:
only of moments; Don't lose the now.

I was one of those that never
went anywhere without a thermometer,
a hot-water bottle,
an umbrella, and a parachute;
If I could live again, I would travel lighter.

If I could live again,
I would begin to walk barefoot from the beginning of spring
and I would continue barefoot until autumn ends.
I would take more cart rides,
contemplate more dawns,
and play with more children,
If I had another life ahead of me.

But already you see, I am 85,
and I know that I am dying.


--


www.dnote.us

No comments: