Thursday, October 27, 2011

love letter 10/27/11

D Vourers

Our favorite holiday is upon us. Diandra D and Adam Ferrill have turned the D Note into a space ship and we are ready to take off.

Friday night we have a really big shew for you. At 5pm Alex Boyd, then at 7pm Slo Children doing an all Halloween song set. Slo Children consists of D Noters Adam and Jeremy DeGraff, Adam Ferrill, Jax Delaguerre and Alejandro Castano. Then at 8pm Dave Preston and Sam Gathman, followed by Something Underground, with Meniskus batting line up. Meniskus rocked our socks off last time they were in the D Note. People are still talking about it. And Something Underground are always awesome too. We love those guys. Check out the wicked video "poster" by Jim Krzyzaniak here. $8

Saturday at 1pm we have a garage band music recital by Music Lessons Of Westminster ($5). Then at 4pm we have Sentimental Sounds Big Band. Free! And finally at 8pm we have the return by popular demand of Angus Mohr playing their annual Halloween Show and Samhain (highland rock and roll w/ bagpipes) $10.

Sunday we have our 8th annual salsaween. There will be special performances and, as always, a killer costume contest with cash prizes. W/ DJ Louis. $6.

Monday night, actual Halloween night, we have our open stage, and you get extra points for coming in costume and/or performing halloween songs.

Could we do Halloween any bigger or better? We don't think so.

Next Tuesday is another chance to see a big jazz band, w/ Serenade In Blue at 7:30pm.

Around the corner, on Nov 12, is our 3rd annual Beard And Mustache Showdown and beer tasting w/ Oakhurst, Acoustic Mining and Wonderlic. So start working on your beards now. Competition is going to be fierce this year. Q. What do you get when you add the D to Beer? A. Beerd

Yours,

D notary

Extra Credit: How about the lyrics to a Slo Children song?

Wildwood Holler

Way up in the Wildwood Holler
face to face with my killer

He raised his voice
He raised his fist

I raised my glass

I said here's to you
Here's to me
Here's to us

Now kick my ass

Way up in the Wildwood Holler
face to face with my killer

He raised his sun
I raised my moon

He raised the knife
I raised the spoon

He raised the gun
I put the flower in

Come on now and let's begin

Lightning bolt, lightning bolt
lightning bolt and thunderclap

I had to laugh

Way up in the wild blue yonder
face to face with my creator

He raised the sky
I raised the balloon

He raised the bar
I raised the saloon

He raised the morning
I raised at noon

He raised the evening
I raised my gin

Come on now and let's begin

Lightning bolt, lightning bolt
lightning bolt and thunderclap

I had to laugh

No comments: